Our nightly prayer:

Thank you lord for all that you have given us!

Lord, please keep us all healthy, happy, safe and in love.

Positive thinking is key to having a good day!

No matter what challenges we are faced with, our little family strives to let positive thoughts keep us going. We have a lot to be thankful for. Our little family of 3 always has something going on! We have MANY GOOD DAYS and a few bad ones. The bad ones just make us appreciate the good ones more. This blog is our way of sharing our joy and craziness, as well as vent a little about the challenges that we face. You get to indulge in it all!


The Wilsons are at it again!

The Wilsons are at it again!
Something is always going to be happening!

Liam Clinton

Liam Clinton

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

kupple.com

This actually happened a couple weeks ago, but my renewed sense of boredom reminding me of it.

As K and I moved to this wonderful city we were so excited about meeting new people and experiencing new things. "Maybe we'll get into kick ball, or go see baseball games with our neighbors who happen to be a perfect match for us," we thought. Turns out that meeting new people is much harder than I remember it being in Indianapolis. Or maybe, I'm only remembering the 50 days that I met people who later became friends, and I've conveniently blocked out of my memory the other 3602 days spent in Indianapolis not meeting friends. Meeting people is hard.

So, as Amber usually does, she suggests a brilliant web site idea, only this time it already exists: kupple.com... Where couples meet couples for friendship, not swinging... I thought of it much like I think of dating sites, there might be some desparate loser couples, but surely there'll be a few couples that are interesting and have similar tastes. I figured 80/20... 80 percent totally suck, 20 percent could be tolerable for a 1 hour dinner.

I registered for an account, waited 24 hours for activation and began searching for our new friends. As it turns out... We're the coolest couple in St. Louis. Actually, all of Missouri and most of Illinois too. There wasn't a single couple within driving distance worth having dinner with. Now I know what it's like to be the prettiest girl in a room. It's lonely.

3 comments:

wanderingbella said...

You guys do know that as far as ranking on the cool meter you are way over the top - when I first met you I was like they are SO much cooler than I am! Hang in there - you'll meet people eventually and how can they resist the Wilsons? And it's SO like online dating. Apparently I'm the only worthwhile individual on Yahoo! Personals...

wanderingbella said...

I forgot to mention something - meetup.com. It's not couple-specific but it shows you groups who do social stuff together based on interest and by locality. For example I'm in the wine meetup here in Indy.

Melody said...

I just went to the site, and it turns out that Vanessa and I are the coolest couple in Indy, and there's no way that's possible. Every couple's profile says that their favorite restaurant is either Outback or Olive Garden. Apparently Kupple.com is just not the right place to look. Give K another two weeks and then maybe you guys can hit some of the entertainment venues and coffeehouses around town to find your people.