Imagine you're me... K asks you to go fetch a movie from hollywood video. Of course you do. It's 10:39pm. You drive off, first heading south on Taylor then east of Manchester. You drive a couple blocks toward the corner where the Atomic Cowboy superbly serves beer, texmex and rockabilly 5 nights a week. As you approach, you notice some commotion, police, baracades, etc... When you're forced to come to a stop, you start realizing there are hundreds of people on bikes. Naked. Most of them were in their underwear, and a few as naked as the day they were squirted out. Naked.
What do you do? I'll tell you what I did. I stared. I tried to take pictures. I gawked. I called Kristen. Then I turned around, because those damn hippies weren't going anywhere. After making 2 wrong turns that put me on the highway headed in the wrong direction, I finally was able to get headed in the right direction again. While waiting at a light. Two people rode by. Again I stared, I couldn't help it. The dude was totally naked except for a red hat, and his bare ass was mounted on a cruiser with a banana seat. How could you not stare. His girl saw me staring and returned the stare, breaking it only to wave at me, as if to say, "I caught you."
Turns out these hippies were protesting our dependence on oil and promoting a positive body image. Sounds fun. I think I might join them next year.
I'll leave you with this thought: what about their asses? Wouldn't there be some serious chaffing? That'd be something terrible. I think I'll leave my underwear on.
2 comments:
I get chaffed even when I wear bike shorts so can't imagine going nude - but how cool!
We attended the annual SoGarf Pizza/Block party last night. Was not the same without you guys. There was a photo on the food table from last year of you guys, me, Mel, Vanessa and puppy Molly.
Thirteen weeks today! You made it! According to most, this is the end of the first tri. Yay!
Post a Comment