Our nightly prayer:

Thank you lord for all that you have given us!

Lord, please keep us all healthy, happy, safe and in love.

Positive thinking is key to having a good day!

No matter what challenges we are faced with, our little family strives to let positive thoughts keep us going. We have a lot to be thankful for. Our little family of 3 always has something going on! We have MANY GOOD DAYS and a few bad ones. The bad ones just make us appreciate the good ones more. This blog is our way of sharing our joy and craziness, as well as vent a little about the challenges that we face. You get to indulge in it all!


The Wilsons are at it again!

The Wilsons are at it again!
Something is always going to be happening!

Liam Clinton

Liam Clinton

Monday, June 30, 2008

Whirlwind, and oh yeah, We're Pregnant

This past week has been nonstop. No less than 1000 miles were added to my new truck, Brad turned 30, Kristen's grandfather passed, we announced to the world that we're having a baby (if you don't already know, feel free to skip to the next paragraph), etc. We finally spent a weekend at home relaxing, watching movies and playing in my shop. That was nice.

We're having a baby! We've known for about 2 or 3 weeks now. We're 7 weeks along we think. There seems to be a possibility that we're another month further along; I won't go into why, it's a girl thing. But if my math is right, then we'll be due February 14th. Which means, I'll have two birthdays and a valentines day to "celebrate" in February. Every year. But given the hell that Kristen seems to be going through at the moment, I've certainly got the better deal. She's having morning sickness like never talked about before. We're trying all the home remedies: sprite, saltines, vitamin b, etc... So far nothing's working... On the other hand, her boobs are huge. However, again, I get the longer end of the stick. Apparently, as pleasant as they are to look at, they are equally painful. I'm doing my part though: I'm cleaning the litter box twice daily, I'm cooking a lot more than ever, kitchen cleaning has become exclusively mine and trips to Hollywood Video is all me. She's usually either sleeping or vomiting. That's really all she does. Sleep, vomit, eat a little, vomit again, rinse, repeat. We have names picked out: Liam Clinton for our boy, and to humor Kristen we've chosen Ava Lynn in case we have a girl (it's a boy though, I can tell). We'll be seeing the gynecologist next Tuesday, hopefully then we'll have firm due dates (as firm as they ever are) and maybe even an ultrasound to post. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Next Tuesday! That's forever from now!

At least as sick as she is, you know everything's likely fine. Have you tried the motion sickness bands?

I don't really have morning sickness-- just occasional queasiness and every once in a while I vomit a little in my mouth. :)

wanderingbella said...

Yay! 2 wee ones to dote on this winter. Has K tried ginger? I swear by it for all tummy-related issues and the crystalized stuff tastes like candy sort of. You rock as a husband and daddy-to-be! As an aside I'm not too impressed with this Open ID thing. It works about 1 out of every 5 times so I'm back to Katie aka Mary.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've heard the acupressure bands work for nausea. It's something about pressure in the middle of your wrist (ancient Chinese secret ;-) Peppermint worked well for me (mints, gum tea, just the smell of it). Poor thing :(