Our nightly prayer:

Thank you lord for all that you have given us!

Lord, please keep us all healthy, happy, safe and in love.

Positive thinking is key to having a good day!

No matter what challenges we are faced with, our little family strives to let positive thoughts keep us going. We have a lot to be thankful for. Our little family of 3 always has something going on! We have MANY GOOD DAYS and a few bad ones. The bad ones just make us appreciate the good ones more. This blog is our way of sharing our joy and craziness, as well as vent a little about the challenges that we face. You get to indulge in it all!


The Wilsons are at it again!

The Wilsons are at it again!
Something is always going to be happening!

Liam Clinton

Liam Clinton

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Welcome to STL

Yesterday, Kristen, Pete and Larry drove the Neon, Lita and I drove truck. Pete took to the open road rather well. Larry on the other hand went into a hyperventilating fit. His mouth was wide open, all of his teeth showing, breath was fast and heavy and he was hissing at every move. I think Pete's companionship helped calm him down, eventually they both were crawling all over their mom. Lita did well, of course. Everytime Kristen passed on Lita's side of the truck Lita immediately began whimpering and wagging her tail. Even at 75 mph Lita recognizes her mommy.

I had romanced about the moment when the Indy skyline disappeared in my rear view mirror, and each time I passed a landmark in Indy on our way out of town, I'd think about some history I had at that landmark. I figured I'd be teared up all the way from Napoleon St. to Plainfield. But it wasn't all that dramatic. I seemed to only be focused on the road in front of me.

The first thing we noticed when we got to our new residence was that this place is so much bigger (and cooler) than we had remembered. The movers arrived to unload a few hours late. Apparently, with all of the road closes on I-70, their GPS suggested driving to Louisville and taking 64 over. Even with the detours, K and I made it in 4.5 hours, the movers took about 7. The first two pieces of furniture to come off the truck took some heavy damage: the mirror to K's really old vanity was broke and so was the frame around the mirror and there were gouges, scrapes and scratches all over my new enormous book cases. Two men and a truck will try to replace the damaged items (unlikely for several obvious reasons) or reimburse for estimated repairs. I'll believe it when it happens. The ugly unloaders both made negative comments about the quality of the loading of the truck. Let this be a lesson: take the hillbilly/white trash guys over the well formed Zeus looking dude with the blue eyes.

Today we spent nearly the entire day unpacking. Lita pretty much made her self at home. She's already barking fiercely at the landlord, gas man, electric man and just about anybody that walks by the front of the house. Pete and Larry are still smelling every square inch of the place and based on how much they are eating and sleeping, I'm guessing they are feeling a little bit better.

I, on the other hand, have become a little melancholy. I can't really call it home-sickness, I think that takes a little more time than just 24 hours. I think it's just the realization setting in that this place is home, or, if not, at the very least it's our house. Despite things like im, sms, email and blogs that purportedly make this world a lot smaller, it's still not small enough. There was great comfort in knowing that Hero practice is just a day away; Vanessa, Mel and Katie are just a couple doors down; derby is this weekend... We really only know two people in this densely populated city, and we have to pay them rent! It's really scary. I'm really happy we've made this decision, but as we both knew, it came with consequences.

10 comments:

Sean and Sarah Galiher said...

Yay! Glad you arrived safely...we are passing through the beginning of July on a vacation to Branson. Up for visitors with 2 crazy kids yet?

Julie said...

Glad to hear you are safe and sound in your new home/house. This is a forward moving journey with lots of good times ahead. You have lots of friends you haven't met yet, but you will. Loves and hugs to both of you and Congrats!!!!!
When do I get to visit.

Joan of Dark said...

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

Artist Kay Lynn Fox said...

Sounds exciting, and adventurous. I would like to get a hold of the movers....Unreplaceable....Stay close to one another.
GP yesterday evening was doing actually a 90 degree turn yesterday. We had him setting and outside for a minute. We will keep you posted. We went to Indy yesterday and it was still there!!!
M I S S Y O U A L L
MOM

Dill Her0 said...

I am glad that your trip was un eventful and sorry about your furniture damage. It is dumb that you had to move but I am happy to know that you are really not to far away. I am looking forward to a road trip or 6 to see you guys and you now have the task of getting St Louis ready for HER0. you should get a web cam and we can have thewsdee drinks together ,, it will be just like your here except less groping.

Amber and Scott said...

I can't stop wondering what you are doing.....
so.....what are you doing now????

Melody said...

Glad you're safe, too. I would rather ride in a car with a dog than cats any day.

We've taken two walks, and every time we pass your house I say-- I can't believe they're gone!

wanderingbella said...

Totally sucky about the damaged stuff - strong arm the moving company! It almost does not seem real that you guys are gone -I got all teary watching the moving truck pull away and it's weird making plans to go see Brownie's band Friday at Deano's knowing you guys won't be there. That all said, you guys are close and on an awesome new adventure! We are already making plans to come see the new digs and the Wilsons in July!
PS Mary is Katie - my Google account has my "real" name.

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving a comment to test usng Open ID here. Sorry! Katie

Amber and Scott said...

I'm board with this one. Can you give us a new one?? ;-)