As I am a working girl and not the stay at home mom type(too much work as a stay at homer), we need to find a good daycare!!! This is a really tough decision for Matt and I, but we have to get on waiting lists by then end of this month if we are going to have a spot when it is time to go back to work. SOOoooo...Matthew and I went on our first tour today. We both walked in a little excited and anxious. I gave myself a pep talk before we went in. I told myself not to be too anal retentive about it. As most of you know, I was a development coach at Eli Lilly's child care center in school when I was a Development Psych major. The center was amazing. Everything you would expect and more. 4 Large infant rooms, small ratios, nice toys, clean, structured, and accredited! It is also a little over $1000 a month for an infant. Wowsa! The center we visited today was recommended to us by one of my co-workers. She just came back from maternity leave and her son started daycare 2 weeks ago. She did a ton of research in the area before she chose, Peace for Kids. As I was giving myself the pep talk, I was really trying to not compare...We went in and were greeted well. The manager took us on a tour. We went into the infant room and it is connected to the toddler room(separated by a half wall), which concerned me at first, but then I started to think that if our baby can sleep through a room full of toddlers then VE can sleep through anything. We interrogated them for an hour and fifteen minutes. She answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. The lead infant teacher was great! They keep the ratios one under the limit, and it seemed very organized. Why am I still concerned? Is it because I am comparing it to Lilly's center or is it because there was a red flag somewhere that isn't right out in front of me? Peace for kids is in a gorgeous old building across the street from a huge Catholic Cathedral in the Central West End(which is our neighborhood). What is holding me at bay? We have another appt. on Friday for a place near our work, but we are allready 8th on the list and it is a Federal Center(like Lilly's). This means that even if we are 1 on the list and a Federal employee has a baby, they are pushed in front of us. Concern:( It sounds exactly like what I expected, but with that comes a 12oo a month price tag!!! DANG!
Needless to say, we are contemplating and will hopefully make a decision soon. This is sooo important. Our child will be there more than VE is home during wake hours...
FREAKED OUT!!!
OH PS...I think I felt the baby move tonight. It felt like little burps in my stomach...The time is supposed to be 16 to 18 weeks depending on a lot of stuff, but it could be earlier...Who knows!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are freaking me out. We have contacted 3 possible daycares. One is a Goddard, and we are not really considering it at all but are curious to hear if the fuss is warranted or if it really just is the status thing it seems like. The other two are in-homes. Is there a reason you guys are not considering an in-home at all? Is there something we should know?
And $1200 a month- Yowsa!
Post a Comment