This morning we crawled out of bed around 11am, the night before we had a long leisurely bike ride and consequently stayed up until 4:30am. We didn't have any plans. We went to target mainly to get a new tube to fix my flat tire and while we were there we were distracted by the shiny baby stuff. The excitement started to set in and we decided to seek out the nearest Babies R Us.
Babies R Us is the mecca of baby supplies, toys, tools, clothes and furniture. It is incredibly overwhelming -- especially, if you just stumble in and start browsing. Anxiety sets in. One starts to wonder, "what do I really need?" There's a reason these things exist, somebody thinks there is a need, somebody's buying it. But do I need it? It seems like Babies R Us sells solutions to every problem you could ever have with a baby, except they still haven't fixed the whole babies-can't-clean-up-their-own-poop problem. Or what about the babies-keep-you-up-at-night-problem. And then there's the uncomfortable anxiety reached when little Liam gets an erection while you're changing him, or when he pees in your face while you lean over to pick up a diaper. I think whoever is behind the gadgets at Babies R Us should have another look at the real problems with baby raisin'...
There's another uncomfortable thing about Babies R Us... For who may not know, for the last couple years, I've developed sort of a thing for pregnant woman. I think "hot" is the usually the word I use. And who shops at Babies R Us? You guessed it. Hot. Pregnant. Women. Woah. Every turn, every isle, there they were, taught bellies, tight t-shirts, waddling mothers-to-be. It's pretty much what I imagine heaven being like. Thankfully, I get the shag the hottest of them all. ;-)
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Matt, you're so friggen' adorable with your pregnant women-adoring ways. My suggestion for the BRU craziness is to get a book like "Baby Bargains" to help you focus on the things you might need AND which brands/features might be best. I will warn you that the car seat and stroller chapters are overwhelming and might be best left until after you've read the others. Good luck and HAVE FUN!
I despise BRU-- cannot stand to darken their door. It's just too much-- the bright light, the colorful plastic, the cooing mothers-to-be. I am overwhelmed within seconds of entering. We're going to have to do a lot of our baby shopping online.
We've been enjoying the trips to Target, though. Still have only bought one outfit-- nothing else. I think we're almost decided on a crib but probably won't buy until December when the kitchen remodel is done so that we'll have some place to put it. I am dreading the car seat and stroller decisions.
Shagging-- HA! What is that? Poor Vanessa.
CONGRATULATIONS, very late, you guys! We cannot wait to see you in the fall to see how gorgeous Kristen is getting! By the way, where are the pictures? I want to see the hot momma!
Matt, if you think pregnant women are the hottest thing ever then you and Ryan should have hung out a lot more while you were here. HA! He always talks about how "hot" they are. On the bright side, I think that it'll make me feel so much better when I get the privaledge to be a prego like the Mrs. I'm so happy for you guys it's crazy!
Post a Comment