Liam's birthday party was absolutely a day for the record books. We had family traveling in from across the US, mommy and daddy's work friends, and some of our new neighbors over! Liam had an excellent time with everyone!
I love planning events! Once Matt and I came up with the theme that we wanted...the ideas started soaring! Matt and I started the planning a couple months back so people would have time to make arrangements for the time off and travel and this included making our handmade invites!!! Yes...Matt helped with this and honestly...his were WAY better than mine! Our decorations were simple, but included balloons floating on the ceiling, a felt Happy Birthday banner, purchased not made(everyone kept asking me if I made it...and I wish I could say yes...but not enough patience), a painted stand up cardboard robot for the kids to get their pics with(45 min before), and fresh flowers left over from my birthday,.GOOD JOB DADDY! We made Liam a robot cake and I do mean WE! It took Julie, Matt and me to do this! We ran out of icing at one point and when we returned...Lita helped as well! She ate the whole piece that was going to be the feet! Nice:) We had a blast creating everything for him and hope he enjoys looking at the pics later:)
We had a few activities for the kid's to do. We made foam picture frames, Marshmallow robots, and took our pics inside the robot cutout. We are printing the photos and will be bringing/walking them to your houses shortly! All of the kids at Liam's party were so polite and really played well together even though the age ranges differed slightly:) It was overall a fantastic day!!!
Liam devoured his cake. He couldn't get enough! He was not at all leery of it. He started with the icing and worked his way through it with a vengeance. He is such a beautiful boy and really a blessing.
We asked that people send or bring handmade robots pictures for his scrapbooks in lieu of purchased cards. It wasn't at all that we were expecting a card, it was just that if..a person was going to...we much rather have the time spent on a creation that is now a masterpiece in our house!!! These turned out fantastic!!! It was so exciting to see what everyone came up with. Thank you!
So Liam is now 1, and I am still in denial about it. His personality is really coming out. He is such a cute kid and is so bubbly all of the time. That may be a little over exaggerated...but he is an easy baby. We are incredibly lucky and yes...WE DO APPRECIATE IT!:) He finally started saying Ma Ma recently and makes my heart melt when he does. I just noticed this evening that he has 4 teeth now. I thought he only had 2 nubbins on the bottom, but he has 2 on the top as well. What else... hmmm... oh...so Liam and I have been battling over him banging on the glass part to one of the wooden cabinets that Matt made. He seriously looks at me a smiles while he runs over to it and bangs as hard as he can. He actually got his first time out today! We make a point to not yell at him at all and are not smacking his hand either. We are trying to just tell him no touch and tonight I held his arms at his side for a solid 30 sec that felt like hours. He struggled and then I think I broke him of it at least for this evening. I think he knows I mean business when I whisper in his ear. It works much better than yelling at him....so far anyway:) We will see what happens next!!! Who knows?
So this turned into kind of a rambling mess, but overall...we have had a great first year with our little dude and couldn't be happier!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment