Our nightly prayer:

Thank you lord for all that you have given us!

Lord, please keep us all healthy, happy, safe and in love.

Positive thinking is key to having a good day!

No matter what challenges we are faced with, our little family strives to let positive thoughts keep us going. We have a lot to be thankful for. Our little family of 3 always has something going on! We have MANY GOOD DAYS and a few bad ones. The bad ones just make us appreciate the good ones more. This blog is our way of sharing our joy and craziness, as well as vent a little about the challenges that we face. You get to indulge in it all!


The Wilsons are at it again!

The Wilsons are at it again!
Something is always going to be happening!

Liam Clinton

Liam Clinton

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Several Quick Updates

Liam Clinton Wilson
He's still growing! at an alarming rate now days. His muscles are clearly developing. He's kicking K's bladder, pelvis, spin, vagina... You name it, he's beating on it. On Monday, we had a little scare when K called the doc to ask about these Braxton Hicks contractions. After describing them to the doc, the doc told her to rush to the OB Triage. They hooked her up to all of the heart monitors, ultrasound, doppler... everything looked normal. They thought maybe she had been over-exerting herself or perhaps not getting enough water. We're tracking them now, anymore than three in one hour is bad. Right now, it's been pretty rare. We'll be keeping a close watch on things.

New Doc
The great news is that we recently changed our OBGYN. Probably the best decision we've made. Our old doctor, while totally competent and very nice, had terrible bedside manner. She was always on her way to the next patient. From the time she entered the exam room, to the time she left, her hand was on the door, and she never even asks the most obvious of questions, "how are you feeling?". New doc is heads above the old. Energetic, engaged, informative, nice, friendly nurses, receptionists... And to top it off, she called K the next morning to see how the OB triage trip went. K is way happy, and that makes me happy.

Nashville/Gatlinburg/Smokey Mountiains
Kristina and I spent our first anniversary in Tennessee. We had an amazing time, saw unbelievable views (pictures to come soon), heard great music, hiked the Appalachian Trail (ten minutes of it anyway), ate, walked around Gatlinburg... Great time, really.

iPhone
I never knew how much time I could waste playing with my phone. Seriously, every minute I get (even while sitting on the toilet), I'm browsing apps, updating my facebook page, emailing, etc...

Nursery
We setup Liam's nursery on Sunday. It's looking great. We decided to buy a crib and changing table from Target. So far, we're totally satisfied with that decision. In total, we saved $600 over the ones we liked at Babies R Us and only lost a little bit quality. Fair trade in my opinion.

Sympathy???
And finally. I (Matt) have gained 15 pounds in the last couple months. Could be some sympathy weight gain. Or the beer I've been drinking. Or all of the tv I've been watching. Or that I'm forced to eat K's leftovers. Or that I'm just finally getting old. Whatever the reason, I think I'm gonna have to start running again...

1 comment:

wanderingbella said...

Liam - can't wait to meet the little squirmer!

Doc - Great news. I think with anything serious, you need to be able to trust and feel good about your doctor. Never more apparent to me with all this back nonsense.

iPhone - You've gone to the dark side - it's official!

Sympathy Weight - remember the whole fat pants conversation? I have no comment here.

Miss you all :)