Our nightly prayer:

Thank you lord for all that you have given us!

Lord, please keep us all healthy, happy, safe and in love.

Positive thinking is key to having a good day!

No matter what challenges we are faced with, our little family strives to let positive thoughts keep us going. We have a lot to be thankful for. Our little family of 3 always has something going on! We have MANY GOOD DAYS and a few bad ones. The bad ones just make us appreciate the good ones more. This blog is our way of sharing our joy and craziness, as well as vent a little about the challenges that we face. You get to indulge in it all!


The Wilsons are at it again!

The Wilsons are at it again!
Something is always going to be happening!

Liam Clinton

Liam Clinton

Thursday, April 2, 2009

6 weeks and still rockin...

This past weekend, we drove to Indy to see friends and introduce Liam to all of his "aunts" and "uncles". Liam met, at last count, 60-some new people. That was enough to overstimulate dad, let alone his six week old son. It was great to see everyone. If it wasn't obvious before, our friends are why we miss Indianapolis.

Our whirlwind weekend started with Melanie Cinda Foulkrod's baptism. She was baptized at a beautiful Greek Orthodox church on the northside. The sanctuary was built of a huge dome, trimmed with gold. The shape of the room melded the priest's chanting into a chorus of voices. Loved it.

I used the baptism as an excuse to dress up in my one and only suit. I bought it for my interview with Scottrade and I must say, I looked damn good in it... That... was a year ago. On Saturday, for the first time, I discovered what it's like to put on pants and not be able to button them. My perfectly tailored suit doesn't fit anymore! I gained 25 lbs working at Scottrade... Probably a combination of sitting at my desk all day, commuting 40 minutes each way, eating terribly and way too much at lunch, and being too tired when I get home to run or play drums... So, the suit didn't fit well and the wearer didn't feel good in it. Things are changing. Now.

Later, back in street clothes, we introduced Liam to his new g/f, Simone. They were so cute together. He's been asking about ever since we left Melody's house. I think he's got a crush, even if he pretends to hate having Simone lay in his lap.

Simone and Liam's introduction was followed by drunken debauchery over at Brandon's place... Actually, the Wilson's were sober, but we debauched nonetheless.

We stayed with Amber and Scott (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!). Sunday, Amber made fajitas, so. dang. good. We then watched Sex in the City, the movie. Totally relaxing. We needed it. Liam, on the other hand, had other ideas. We had our worst night yet. He pretty much cried through the night and needed constant attention. Oh well, that's what we signed up for, right?

Monday, we visited the university and Liam met all the old co-workers/friends. It was good to see everyone, even if for only 5 minutes.

I'm hoping we get back up to Indy over Easter weekend for the April 11th bout... See ya'll then...

1 comment:

Melody said...

Simone loved Liam. I can tell by the way she relaxed around him. :)

It was so fantastic to see you guys. Let me know if you need a place to crash when you're back in town. Simone will totally share her crib.